Before Your Appointment
Your Initial Visit – What to Bring To Your Appointment
- Please bring all MRI, CT, X-Ray films and/or CD’s, lab test results, and all pertinent medical records to your appointment. In the event films are not available, quality paper images may be an acceptable second choice. If you are not able to obtain all of your films, pertinent medical records, or lab results, the physician may not be able to render the best possible recommendation and we may have to reschedule your appointment.
- A list of all medications you are currently taking (including dosage).
- The name, address (including zip code), phone and fax numbers for your referring physician, primary care physician, and any other physician that you want to receive a copy of our consultation report.
- Your insurance cards and picture identification. A picture id is required for your first time visit.
- If your insurance plan requires it, please bring your AUTHORIZATION/Referral form. You or your Primary Care Physician may fax this authorization to our clinic at least 24 hours prior to your visit. If a valid referral/authorization form is not received, your appointment may have to be rescheduled.
To Know About Your Appointment
- Your appointment may take at least four (4) hours. We apologize for any inconvenience but hope you will understand that our goal is to provide the best possible diagnosis and care for our patients.
- Your appointment will be confirmed by our automated service 48 hours prior to your visit.
- Note: Our physicians practice in multiple locations. Please verify your preferred location when scheduling your appointment. Kendall, Plantation and Deerfield are hospital based clinics. Your outpatient benefits will apply for these locations.
- If you will be late for your appointment, please call our clinic to let us know .
- If you are unable to keep a scheduled appointment, please contact your physician’s office to reschedule or cancel. Because of the high volume of patient phone calls, we encourage you to schedule your follow up visit during the check-out process.
- If you are a member of a Preferred Provider Organization (PPO) or Health Maintenance Organization (HMO) contracted with our group or have Medicare or Medicaid, we will bill for the services. Be prepared to pay any co-payments, deductibles or out-of-pocket expenses at the time of service.
- If you have any other commercial insurance or non-contracted HMO/PPO and prior authorization has not been granted by your insurance carrier, be prepared to pay the full amount at the time of service.
- If paying for your visit, the consultation fee for a first time visit may be as high as $850.00 dollars. In addition to the physician fees, the hospital charges a facility fee ranging from $48.00 to $80.00 dollars based on the level of service a patient receives. Any additional tests or services ordered may incur additional fees. Payment is expected for services rendered at time of service. We accept MasterCard, Visa, American Express, personal check and/or cash as a methods of payment.
- If further testing has been ordered, you will be scheduled at a UM diagnostic facility automatically unless your insurance will not cover our facility or you request otherwise. If you choose a non UM facility, you will receive a prescription and it will be your responsibility to contact the facility of choice and schedule the additional tests required. Please notify our staff and your PCP so an authorization can be obtained. If you have difficulty scheduling a test at a non UM facility, please contact our office for assistance.